Under the supervision of Director of Canadian Customs, the Afterhours Customs Release Agent is responsible for customer service as well as classifications and advising/supporting the other teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create Vendors and Part Codes (HS Classification using the Harmonized System to classify products and commodities)
- Release of shipments moved by Truck (PARS)
- Release of shipments by other Modes of Transport if/when requested
- Work independently as well as with all departments and Axxess offices in Canada
- Work within productivity requirements established
- Communicate with CBSA and Other Government Departments to ensure compliance and expedite clearances
- Obtain information or documents required from the customers, suppliers, transporters, customs and other offices.
- Identify Customer Profile and database discrepancies and notify Team Leader if corrections required
- Provide expert advice, answer questions and complex demands from customers, colleagues, suppliers, truckers, Canadian customs, other Axxess offices or Other Government Departments to ensure compliance and expedite clearances
- Provide Superior Client Service to help maintain client relationships
- Report System outages and issues to IT and Management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- College degree
- Strong knowledge of Customs Tariff, regulations and release
- Advanced knowledge of HS system and documentation required for release by all modes of transport (OBL, AWB, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge of ACI requirements
- CCS and/or CTCS designation an asset
- Operational productivity, work organization
- Anticipate needs and be proactive with customers and customer service
- Problem solving, autonomy and good judgment
- Good communicator and ability for teamwork
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
What we offer
- Very competitive salary
- Group insurance (medical, dental, life and disability insurance)
- Group RRSP
- Personal days (5 days per year)
- Social activities (5 to 7, events, outings, etc.)
- Gym membership
- Professional development plan and support for continuing education
Job type: Full-time Night shift
This offer is for any of our Canadian offices or work from home (teleworking)
Axxess, your best partner!
Our experts are servicing importing and exporting companies, in a global trade environment on a daily basis. Our personalized service makes the difference!
If you are interested in working in a stimulating, dynamic and growing environment where you can directly contribute to the performance of a great company, and more importantly, if you believe you can make a difference, please send us your resume today.
Use the form on the right to apply for this position.