Under the supervision of the Director of Canadian Customs, the Customs Import Specialist is responsible for the implementation of new clients and ensure the maintenance of the existing profiles in their portfolio. As a customs specialist, they also provide accurate classification of the goods according to the harmonized system and proceed to the confirmation of customs declarations.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for communications with clients, suppliers, Canadian Customs.
- Collect the Information to create a good customer profile and clear instructions.
- Proceed to accurate classification of the goods according to the Harmonized System.
- Identification of changes to make to client profiles and make corrections when necessary
- Provide expert advice and answer complex questions and requests from clients, colleagues, suppliers, truckers, our other offices, or Canadian customs.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar position.
- CCS designation, an asset
- Proficiency in the HS Tariff classifications using the Harmonised System
- Bilingualism (French / English)
- High knowledge of the laws and regulations of Canadian Customs
- Customer-oriented: answer the customer’s needs and expectations
- Proactive, autonomous, productive, resourceful and organized
- Team player, good communicator and good judgment, Leadership
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage various projects
- Technical skills: MS Office Suite, IMANET an asset
What we offer
- Dynamic and pleasant working environment in our modern Old Montreal office
- Metro stations nearby (Place d’Armes and Victoria Square OACI)
- Group insurance (medical, dental, life and disability insurance and others)
- RRSP – Group
- Personal days
- Social activities (Happy hours, events, outings, etc.)
- Gym membership
- Professional development plan and support for continuous education
Job Type: Full-time
This offer is for our Montreal office
Use the form on the right to apply for this position.