Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the Senior Customs Rater process customs clearance (release) and/or confirm declarations.
- HS Tariff classifications using the Harmonized System and Explanatory notes.
- Assist customers with customs processes in all type of transport
- Communicate with CBSA officers regarding customs regulations and clearances
- Audit and review customs entries to ensure correct information
- Request and verify supporting documentation for compliance purposes
- Communicate with government agencies to ensure compliance and advise clients on regulations
- Build client relationship by giving a superior client service
- Identify customer profiles discrepancies
- Answer standard questions and requests from customers, drivers, customs and other offices
- 7 years or more of experience
- Strong knowledge of Customs Tariff, regulations, release
- Advanced knowledge of HS system and Customs laws and regulations
- Advanced Knowledge of documentation required for release by All Modes of Transport (OBL, AWB, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge of ACI requirements
- CCS and/or CTCS designation, an asset
- Competitive Salary
- Complete insurance (health, dental, life)
- 5 personal days per year
This offer is for our Toronto office.
Use the form on the right to apply for this position.