NEXUS is a joint initiative between the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that simplifies border crossings for its members. Members are pre-approved, low risk travellers.
There are many advantages to being a NEXUS member, including:
• using automated self-serve NEXUS kiosks when entering Canada at nine major international airports and U.S. Global Entry kiosks for entry into the U.S.;
• receiving expedited clearance through security screening lines at major and select mid-sized airports in Canada;
• receiving expedited clearance through the U.S. Transportation Security Administration Pre-Check lines at over 150 participating U.S. airports;
• using dedicated vehicle lanes at 21 designated land border crossings;
• when arriving to Canada by boat, reporting by phone to a Telephone Reporting Centre at more than 450 marine sites across Canada.
To become a member of NEXUS, applicants must: submit an application and go through a registration process, satisfy the eligibility criteria, be admissible to Canada and the U.S. and pass risk assessments by both countries.< Return