SensiGuard reminds logistics and security professionals that holiday weekends are notorious for presenting increased cargo theft risks for transportation companies, shippers, and manufacturers.
Organized cargo theft rings will be extremely active in the coming days, as more shipments are left unattended for extended periods of time due to the long holiday weekend.
During Labour Day Weekends of 2012 through 2016, the SensiGuard Supply Chain Intelligence Center (SCIC) recorded elevated theft levels 39% higher than non-holiday weekends.
Some notable Thefts from Labour Day Weekends from 2012 to 2015 included:
• 2013, California, Theft of Full Truckload of Televisions, $680,000
• 2014, Florida, Theft of Full Truckload of Seafood, $250,000
• 2014, Tennessee, Facility Theft of Cell Phones, $1.5M
• 2016, California, Facility Theft of Sporting Goods, $1.5M
• 2016, California, Theft of Full Truckload of Cell Phones, $300,000
Source: SensiGuard< Return