Transborder freight between the U.S. and North American countries (Canada and Mexico) in May 2022:
- Total transborder freight: $139.4 billion of transborder freight moved by all modes of transportation, up 28.3% compared to May 2021.
- Freight between the U.S. and Canada totaled $71.0 billion, up 30.4% from May 2021.
- Freight between the U.S. and Mexico totaled $68.4 billion, up 26.3% from May 2021.
- Trucks moved $82.1 billion of freight, up 20.7% compared to May 2021.
- Railways moved $19.3 billion of freight, up 21.0% compared to May 2021.
Read more in an article from the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics.